Friday, August 14, 2009

TNB using dirty trick to cheat consumers

On the 12th August I received TNB August billing by post. I was shock to that the charges was RGT 174 based on the reading of 19121 unit. Upon checking my electric meter reading it was only 18948 therefore extra 459 unit.

1. The charges for first 500 unit at 0.286 cents and there after 500 unit and above the charges was at 0.378 cents. This resulted me ended paying extra 409 unit with 82 unit at 0.386 per unit that give extra RGT31. In addition there was a delay of 7days due the reading if taken on the 5th August should less than 18948 therefore ended paying extra of RGT68.

2. The TNB meter man did come to the house to read the meter but TNB office just simply bill on the higher side.

3. I went to TNB on the 12th to lodge my complaint and the counter staff willing to issued a new bill based on the 12th reading of 18948 that I give evn thought it is supose to be lower. For this calculation of later 7 days I am paying extra in advance to TNB base on assumption that next month they come earlier than 12th Spetmeber to read the meter.
The new TNB bill based on 18948 reading given by me was only 409 unit therefore all charges base on 0.286 and the total billing was now RGT116.95 a total saving of RGT68. Just imagine how TNB could earn by using this dirty method to over charge consumers and earn huge Profit and also wanted to further increase the unit tariff charges higher claiming high cost of operation etc.


I hope our PM and Cabinet will seriousl look into this problemn. If I am not mistaken this issue was bought up and high lighjted in the press before.


My advise to all consumers.

If you receive billing by post immeadiately check and read your meter and take the matter up with TNB office nearer to your house. Don't email or call up you could get nothing done.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: