Tuesday, October 13, 2009

SICHUAN TEA

My old good friend from Zengdu Sichaun Mdm Fu Chiu Suet www. singyun.com through her niece husband Malaysian Eric Tay give me this two very special famous Sichuan tea. Mengdingshan Mountain Brown and Green tea this tea 1200 years back was deliver to the Emperor yearly. In 1959 it was selected as one of the tea by the China government as gift for special VIP guests.
The first time I tasted this tea was in 2004 when she visited Kuala Lumpur some how drinking Chinese tea seem to become very popular in Malaysia. There are many tea shops in Kuala Lumpur but none look beyond Jujian, Yunan, Guangzhou , for toehr tea in Sichuan or other states in China.
Besides this two mengdinshan Moutain tea in Sichuan there are quite a few other good green tea. I accidently come across this Sichaun tea when I visited Sichuan in 1999 while shopping at Carefour in Zengdu. I bought at least ten packages of various type and regreted that I didn't buy more.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: