Friday, October 16, 2009

Stone Tea tray , tea pot, tea container

This stone tea tray was a master piece and I dont think there is any second one copy or not from this original. I have to see any one similar in China, Malaysia after visitng at least hundred of tea shops during the last 25 years. It is funny that I did not get this stone tea tray from China but at the border town in North Vietnam near China Guanxi . This town was the trading post for China and Vietnam where all the goods are exchange cash or in goods. Vietnamese sell cats to China and China sell dogs to Vietnam here.
According to the shop owner this is a master piece and the master jsut die after he completed this one. It is about 30 kgs and need two person to carry, there are 7 cows with water lily leave around. I was once offer RM15 K by a tea shop owner but I refuse to let go.I will pass it to one of grandson who like to drink Chinese tea when they grow up as adult.
This XIYING teapot was given to me by my nephew at his Fangun tea shop with all the holdy Buddhist verses.
This is special container for tea make of paper with a golden dragon on the top cover.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: